Tuesday, October 24, 2006

1st Day of Hari Raya

what a boring hari raya this year! i only went to 1 house. i guess it's time for a change. the reason why i only visited 1 house is cos my family and i were full and my dad has no idea who to visit next. actually, i was kinda relieved that we only visited 1 house this time cos i don't wana feel so bloated this year. The house that i visited was my aunt's house. her food is always the best! i love her rendang cos it's the only thing that's not sweet. the best thing bout her house is her cookies and cakes! i had joy trying out all her cakes and cookies....too bad i didn't try all of her cakes cos i was already so full. i love her Kek Hati, which is basically a chocolate cake and is baked by steaming method. steam cakes are usually very soft and moist. delicious! however, not everyone can achieve that magnificent moist steam cake. my mom made that cake before but it's not as moist as my aunt's. hers was really soft, so moist, tender to the tongue. i had joy just to eat there. one thing that i regretted not doing is trying out all her cakes. i should have stuffed it into my mouth!! i guess this year's theme for her hari raya baking spree is chocolate cos most of her cakes' and cookies' main ingredient is chocolate. there was her very famous Almond London (almond cookies coated with chocolate and the centre of the cookie is an almod nut), there was 3 other chocolate cookies which i dono the names. last year, her theme was cheese cos most of her cakes and cookies are made of cheese.

after the visiting, my dad decided not to use the toll so drived through the whole of kpg.bintawa which is so long! that place is so conjested cos the road is like jalan tikus. luckily most of the vehicles going through there are small cars like kelisa and kancil.

the rest of the afternoon, i spent the time washing my clothes and watch tv then sleep. Florence called, telling me that she's going to Sharifah's house to visit. I decided not to cos i was about to sleep at that time. later in the night, i did nothing much, just chilling out with my siblings and watched tv and now this. and...i chatted with >censored<>

No comments: